Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And now... Intoducing....

Hi! I'm Brittany K. Hankinson. I am also known as Britt, Bit, Kiarra, B, Curlie, and so many more. I was born at the University Hospital in Augusta, GA and i lived in Beech Island, SC for most of my life. I recently moved to North Augusta (affectionately known as Naug) around the beginning of October 2007.

I love to do many things. Music is pretty much a major component of my life. I almost always have some type of music playing no matter what I'm doing. I also LOVE to read. I have been reading since I was about three (I was taught at an early age). Reading and music give any person an easy, temporary escape from the monotany of everyday life--and that is why I love it so much.

I am not really an "expert" in anything. Like I said I love to read and since I've been doing it for about fifteen years I guess that would be my area of expertise. From the first time I picked up a book I loved the escape and sense of adventure I recieved every time I flipped a page. I distinctly remember (and still have) my first book. It is called "Don't Hug a Grudge" and my teacher at my pre-school gave it to me. It's a Christian-based book giving young children a lesson about holding grudges against others and the consequences if they do. From that book I began to read more and more, making my way to easy chapter books (like the Bearienstien Bears) by the end of kindergarten. Being the eldest of four children, I needed an escape from the crazy enviroment that my siblings created--so I turned to reading. From that time until now I have managed to travel to many different places--in my imagination that is. Reading is not just a past time for me, it's a lifestyle.

1 comment:

terrisyms said...

Yeah Brittany!! That's wonderful! Glad to know you!!