Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sample Papers

Paper #1
"Foreign Athletic Limits"
Grade: D
Explanation: This paper slightly lacked depth and clarity. The writer was very repetitive. He/she seemed to be repeating the same thoughts in every paragraph. There were many grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure. The author did, however, properly cite his/her sources.

Paper #2
"Online College vs. Online High School"
Grade:D
Explanation: This paper was (to put this nicely) a train-wreck. The writer had many errors in grammer and sentence structure. I couldn't find the thesis statement. The errors were very distracting from the actual point of the paper and I could not concentrate on what I was reading. This paper like the first lacked depth and clarity, but more severely. The writer should have more carefully revised his/her paper.

Paper #3
"Predisposed to Divorce"

Grade:B
Explanation: This paper was much better than the first two. It had a clear thesis statement that supported the argument clearly and effectively. The paragraphs were clearly organized and stayed on topic. Overall this paper was very clear and easy to understand.

Paper #4
"NAACP Case Against Gun Manufacturers"
Grade:
D
Explanation: This paper was not very clear. I could not recognize the thesis easily. The writer although documenting the sources properly didn't really use them well within the paper. The paragraphs were not very organized. There were many sentence structure and grammer errors, which distracted from the overall effect of the paper.

No comments: